Sarah Veraldi, LMT: Office Policies and Etiquette
- Arrival: Please arrive for your appointment 115 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to change and prepare for the service. All treatment sessions have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience. If late arrival is inevitable, your service may be shortened in order to keep on schedule and the original treatment time will be charged.
- Cancellation: Your therapy times are reserved exclusively for you. Sarah values your business and ask that you respect the office scheduling policies. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance.Any cancellations with less than 48 hours of notice will be charged for the full session rate. Clients who miss their appointments without giving any prior notification will be charged in full for the scheduled service. We recognize the time of our clients and staff is valuable and have implemented this policy for this reason. When you miss an appointment with Sarah, she not only loses your business, but also the potential business of other clients who could have scheduled an appointment for the same time. Additionally, many times Sarah will be functioning in an “on call” status and may have traveled to the office specifically for your service. For these reasons, she is compensated for her time.
- Late Arrival: All treatment sessions have a specific time schedule therefore we regret that late arrivals may not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be Sarah's discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
- No Show Policy: Sarah understands that unanticipated events occur in everyone’s life. Unforeseen events such as car problems, business meetings and children’s illnesses, are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling a massage appointment. However, we ask that you call if you cannot keep your appointment. Clients who miss their appointments without giving any prior notification will be charged in full for the scheduled service. Clients who consistently reschedule will be referred to another therapist in the area, that can better suit your schedule.
- Informed Consent/Intake Form: Sarah holds her license through the Pennsylvania State Board of Massage Therapy. All therapists are required to collect a HIPPA protected intake form similar to what one would fill out at the doctors office BEFORE being seen. This form is sent out via email to the address provided by you at time of online scheduling. Please check your spam and normal accounts. This form must be filled out BEFORE ARRIVAL as if it is not, time will be taken out of your session to complete it.
- Scope Of Practice:Sarah Veraldi is a Pennsylvania licensed professional and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association.Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client. Licensed Massage Therapists, and Reflexologists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions. Sarah may refer a medical doctor, Physical Therapist or Chiropractor for diagnosis or treatment. Our services are not intended as an alternative for proper medical attention for specific conditions. Please refer to a medical doctor for any specific condition which requires medical treatment.
- Respect for Client Boundaries: Sarah, is always happy to adjust pressure, music volume, climate control, work more or less in an area per client request. The client has the right to refuse any massage method, stop the massage at any time, and leave on as much or less clothes due to their level of comfort. Sarah will modestly drape and will only uncover the area in which is being worked on.
- Confidentiality and Conversation: Sarah treats all client visits and conditions as confidential. As such, she will not discuss your visit with anybody outside of our staff without your express permission.You may choose to talk not talk during the massage. Conversation will be guided by the client’s direction.
- Existing and New Medical Conditions: It is the responsibility of the client to keep Sarah Veraldi, LMT informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies – Please note that we require a doctor’s note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired treatment.
- Children: Everyone 17 and under are welcome to receive therapy with parent consent. However, parent must be in attendance the entire time. We invite children to the office if an appointment is scheduled only. We do not have the means to offer baby sitting or allow children to "roam free" with various classes in session and professional grade equipment which could be hot.
- Solicitation: All Sarah Veraldi, LMT offices are held to the highest professional standard. We do not allow sales pitches, religious presentations, sexual innuendos, political discussions, or "off color" jokes. If this can not be respected, your session could terminate immediately and payment will be due in full OR it will be enforced with a potato gun :)
Thank you, we can't wait to be a part of your therapy!